Written by Starr McCamant
Saturday, 09 January 2010 10:43
Muster up your ceative juices (or desire to learn)and bring in the New Year with some fun! Finca La Maya 's new workshops are coming up fast, with the first one happening NEXT WEEK!
The lovely and talented Christine Trexel is doing her much-in-demand "Handmade Paper" course next Thursday and Friday, 14 & 15 January. The workshop requires absolutely no previous knowledge or particular talent, everyone is always thrilled with their results, and you'll be amazed in what you can learn (and produce!) in two days of fun.Space is limited so call immediately to reserve your place: Starr 66700793 or 240-8281. As all who have taken this fabulous course know, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
If making paper doesn't ring in your newyear bell, here are a few of the other fabulous courses FLM has coming up. CALL for more info or to register:
- Professional Hairdresser Basics. Need a new job (or does your partner need a new "do" ?) Learn from a pro: salon hair cutting and styling techniques, taught by world-class professional. 18 & 19 January.
- Beginner's Concrete Sculpture - Learn basic techniques to produce forms and sculpture in cement. 27 & 28 January. Call soon, space limited.
- Life-Drawing. Students will learn design, composition, technique and various applications for creating fabulous art. No previous experience necessary. Easy and fun, student’s fee includes basic materials required.
- Watercolour Workshop. We are truly honored that internationally acclaimed artist Podi Lawrence has agreed to share her talent and abilities with our community. Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to learn to do something you may have always wanted to try: art therapy! You may even surprise yourself! 11 & 12 March. Call to FLM register.
- Gourmet Cooking Class. Not just learning recipes and techniques, we have allot of fun and we'll consume our creations! Professional chefs will teach a different cuisine style each day. Class size limited, call to register, date still to be confirmed (by chefs!), for 3
days in March.
That's only some of the fun Finca La Maya has lined up. Pleaes do watch for flyers or announcements on PlayaCommunity and posted at local congregating locations.
We're planning on 2010 bringing many of us new knowledge, more pleasure, and of course* great friends. Come join us, you'll be glad you did!
Happy New Year and see you soon at FLM,
FINCA LA MAYA - Center for the Arts
San Carlos - Republic of Panama
tel. (507) 240-8281
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 September 2012 05:11